26 August 2011

Earthquakes, hurricanes, and moving

Just a short post to let y'all know we're still alive. (Yes, I just wrote y'all.)

Amanda arrived about a week ago with her grandma and her parents a day later so right now we're all moved in and just moving things around a bit. My first week of classes has been both incredibly fascinating and a bit daunting. My reading load looks to be about 3 books per week (Freud, Marx, Durkheim, etc - so no free passes here) and that doesn't include papers, discussions, TA responsibilities, etc. I'm really enjoying it here so far though. Classes are interesting, campus is beautiful, and I feel really alright about following the anthro path right now (ask me again in six years).

Since we moved down there's been an earthquake and a hurricane will arrive tomorrow or tonight. So I'm feeling a little bit unwelcome, but I think it'll settle down. To be honest, it feels like a movie - I can't wait to see if the next scene is a tornado or a snow storm.

Pictures of campus and apartment are coming once we get internet connected at home. That should be tomorrow unless a little hurricane gets in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment