02 December 2010

Nominated to...

Sub-Sahara Africa!

I just gave the Boston Peace Corps office a call and here's the dish:

We've been nominated to Sub-Sahara Africa, beginning in October 2011, I'm nominated for agricultural extension and Amanda for Community Development in the health sector.  I'll have to take French classes, so we can assume we're going to a French-speaking country in Sub-Sahara Africa.  Peace Corps has volunteers in the following French-speaking Sub-Saharan countries:

  • Togo
  • Benin
  • Cameroon
  • Niger
  • Mali
  • Burkina Faso
  • Senegal
  • Guinea
  • Sierra Leone
  • Liberia
  • Madagascar
I didn't check for sure which of these indeed speak French so it's not a definitive list, plus I think Madagascar isn't an option because the recruiter mentioned West Africa.  I have quite a few friends in Ghana as well as friends in Sierra Leone, Benin, and Burkina Faso so this might be a chance to see people again.  The odd thing?  My friend from Benin is most likely going to be studying at South Dakota State next year which means the South Dakotan will be in (near, at least) Benin and the Beninese will be in South Dakota!  What a small, funky world this is!

Thanks for reading.

4 comments: